Monday, December 14, 2009

Health

I wrote about meditation and exercise. The third one I will cover today is health. That is very big with those that have mental health issues. The research says those that are mentally distressed live 25 years less than the rest of the population. We do not die earlier because of mental distress, but rather from heart disease or complications of diabetes. To top that off, how many watched channel 4 news? Dr. Dave Hnida said that certain medications like blood pressure; beta blockers, etc. cause weight gain. If you take atypical medication, you lose either way. If they do not cause weight gain other medications will. I know I have a long way to go to fight for my health. Although I have taken certain steps to eating healthier, I eat oatmeal or honey nut cheerios for breakfast to get a good percentage of my grains. I switched from white bread for lunch to all grain bread. I am going to start bringing a meal for lunch, because processed meat is not good either. I also switched from cooking with vegetable, or canola oil, to olive oil. These items are more expensive, but can you put a price on your health? I eat bananas and pears for snacks, until the other fruits such as cherries, hits the super market from Chile. I eat salads after my meal like the Japanese unless at a restaurant, then before which makes you fuller faster. I also snack on nuts with sea salt, until I find quantities without salt.
I drink mostly water or Coke Zero, which does not have the artificial sugar, or corn fructose syrup, which is a real culprit of weight gain. I would really like your tips and comments on better ways to be healthier.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I am The editor/writer with Counselor.org. I really liked your site and i am interested in building a relationship with your site. We want to spread public awareness. I hope you can help me out. Your site is a very useful resource.

    Please email me back on sharon.counselor.org@gmail.com with your URl in subject line to take a step ahead. To avoid spam.

    Thank you,
    Sharon
    counselor.org

    ReplyDelete