Monday, June 6, 2011

A Part of Change is Trust

“Some people are made of plastic, some people are made of wood; some people are made of stone, some people they are up to no good…”These are the words to a song, which was on the Rhythm and Blues charts during the mid-late 70’s. I think about these simple words about people as I strive to maintain my Recovery. I have a basket of all of them, plastic, wood, stone, and things that are no good at all. As many times as I have sought an answer as to why people become mentally ill, the only thought which exist is that the world is filled with people and at this thought I begin to feel a twinge of insanity. It’s not insanity really that I am feeling, it’s more a feeling of indecisiveness, of whom do I trust; so I roll through the punches by escaping any way I can. I believe I am searching a strong bond in friendship, yet we all are, and not being able to decide if anyone person is trustworthy, we keep seeking, finally climbing that tree with someone we believe in.
Friendship is not only trusting someone, it is sharing honor and pride in the livelihood we share, and this is why Mental Health consumers maintain a bond with their clinicians, therapist, and nurses. As Recovery progresses we realize we have made foolish mistakes of which we cannot overlay, yet we also realize friendship is hard to come by considering the circumstances. Hip and cool is not the genre we seek, having been by the way side, yet time and space moves us to ascertain reality, and pain becomes weak as we become more assertive and creative, which is worth more the bonding with those that understand what we are becoming, trusting.
Is your life changing with respect?
“To become the spectator of one’s own life is to escape the suffering of life.”
Oscar Wilde
Written by Donald Sammons

No comments:

Post a Comment