Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mental Illness

I came across this article on the web this week. It is titled “The beginnings of mental illness” it talks about what they believe causes mental illness such as schizophrenia. “Schizophrenia, for example, is often thought as a genetic disorder. But environmental factors can also boost risk-sometimes considerably.” It goes on to talk how stress is involved in mental illness. I believe it might have a lot to do with stress.
They go on and talk about why they think stress and inflammation caused by the stress has something to do with mental illness. “Inflammation is a key part of the stress response. It has also been linked to a variety of bodily ills, from diabetes and heart disease to depression and Alzheimer’s disease. I see inflammation as one of the chief evils in mammalian biology, Pace says.” It has so much to do with other diseases. It should be considered also in bringing about mental illness.
One of my triggers for mental illness is anger. That is what brought on my mental illness the first time. It was the angriest I had ever been. I thought at the time that the prison officials were doing be wrong. I just remember being taken to the hole in prison and I was just angry and they locked me in the hole and that is the last I remember until I woke up on another tier after my time in the hole was done. One of the guards that wrote me up for gambling in the first place said he did not write me up because of me. He said he did because he was scared I would get hurt.
At the time I did not understand I was just angry at the fact that I was going to the hole and going to have to start my time at the beginning of prison and work by way back all the way to the place I was at in the prison system there. I was at the top of the prison system where you could wear street clothes.
Later when I thought about the guard was right he knew me and everything else that was going on at that time made me make the wrong decisions that I did. I cannot change what happened. Although it was the right time to bring this mental illness on me or I would not have made the changes I did in my life if it would have happened at a later time in my life.
Stress brings on so much in our lives that is not good. I believe that this article for me explains a little of what havoc stress can play.

No comments:

Post a Comment