Monday, January 10, 2011

A World of Responsibility

Our world and the universe itself changes from second to second. This is change is material and spiritual and is a part of the physical and emotional change we live, day to day. We have to be willing to change if we care to live, our ideas, our friendships; nothing is greater than the alternation of our lives. With this change is courage and honesty, to know the reality of ourselves, our needs, and of this is responsibility; owning up to our decisions.
Responsibility is such, causing us to take the obligation to what we are entrusted to; whether it is work or play, we are entrusted to understand through to completion what we are capable of doing, or what we want done.
I find myself always, when in a bind with a project whether at work or at home with an excuse that I cannot complete the project or have forgotten what I need to know, to make things work, in short I am always apologizing because I was not responsible. I think of running at this stage, yet some one always says this is ok, it only means I need space to carry out my mission.
A phrase written by Tom Rath in Strength Finders says, “Apologies are not enough. Excuses and Rationalizations are totally unacceptable. Your will not quite be able to live with yourself until you have made restitution.” Does the world or the universe turn its back and go another way, I don’t think so.
Think of responsibility while you are in Recovery, you must make the choices to become an earnest person again. Think of your life as needing a change, a need to grow beyond the square box you have been living in without shelves. Know you want to understand where you are, to whom you will give and how you will grow especially with others and with determination.
Written by Donald Sammons

No comments:

Post a Comment