Monday, May 16, 2011

Medications

I am going to start talking about my recovery which started at the State Hospital. While I was there I was finally started on Moban and Kemidrin after a trial of other medications which had different side effects like making my arms and hands shake. They all had different side effects and the doctor was tired of trying new ones. He told me that when I was out on the porch smoking that I did not shake. I asked him if he could try one more time. He looked in his books and came up with those two medications. I could not have that because I already had a dream of rebuilding my life and starting over. I could not type with my arms shaking. I could not go for a job interview like that. By going to the State Hospital it gave me a chance to put away my old life and start a new one. I did not like the fact that I had mental illness it was and is the worst thing that ever happened to me. They tried to make me switch from caffeinated coffee to decaffeinated coffee. I did not like it. After finally getting out of the State hospital one night after drinking coffee, and having by mind start racing, and almost having my mental illness come back I decided to quit. It was one of the hardest things to quit. I had already quit smoking with the help of Wellbutrin, and the side effects from that made me stop taking it after thirty days. Quitting coffee made by body go through withdrawals also. I could not believe that it had made such a difference to my body. I am now on Geodon. It is a lot better. I can do a lot more including getting up earlier in the morning. By all means though it is not a miracle drug, if I miss taking it four hours later I will wake up cold and my body feeling weird. I automatically look to see if I took my medicine. I would never quit it cold turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment