Monday, April 11, 2011

The Other Side

Have you wondered what your life would be like if you had no Mental Illness or any other disability? Seldom do people converse about what this would be if they weren’t as they are. The comforting thought, “I am alive”, and that can’t be any other way. Yet as I think, ages ago, I tried to overdose, purposely and of the three attempts, I survived, with fear in my heart: I lived!

Now that life has changed for me, another fear has arisen; can I maintain my sobriety, can I keep the symptoms of my illness in check? I am aware I am not a superhero, a man without fear after traveling so far, yet I can make believe that I can be a man of my own convictions.

What keeps others as well as me “going” in this world of many woes? I can’t say that I can answer for others, yet form myself it’s in keeping faith and belief in others, most of all faith in myself. A strong spirit will carry you into forever, without ill mind, or ill health. You can see far if you belief you will see that far, where there is truth. If a man wishes to cross the stream or a river he will cross it with careful steps till he reaches the other side. Believe in what you want to reach, believe in yourself and the other side is not faraway to be seen.

Written by Donald Sammons

No comments:

Post a Comment